Eells Family - Ourfolk
Samuel Eells 1 MAY 1640 - 21 APR 1709
|
Samuel was born on 1 MAY 1640 in Dorchester, Mass. and died on 21 APR 1709 (age: 68) in Hingham, Mass. . He was the son of John Eells (ABT 1575 - 25 NOV 1653). Samuel was married to Anna Lenthall (Eells) on 1 AUG 1663 in Milford, Conn.. Anna was born on ABT 1644 in Surrey, England and died on FEB 1687 in Milford, Conn. . She was the daughter of Robert Lenthall (D: 1658). View Family Chart Samuel was married to Sarah Bateman (Eells) on 22 AUG 1689 in Hingham, Mass.. Sarah was born on ABT 1668 and died on 2 NOV 1738 . She was the daughter of John Bateman (1610/1620 - AFT 1686) and Hannah (Bateman) . View Family Chart - - -
|
Sources:
S1 Ells, Eells, Eels, Rust and allied familiesS2 Genealogical and Family History of the State of Connecticut
S3 Families of Early Milford, Connecticut
was a militia officer in Phillip's was and after was at Fairfield in 1687.
The Eells-Stow House is believed to be the oldest house in Milford, CT and takes part of its name from the Eells family, who arrived in Milford in the later 17th century from the Boston area. It was built by Samuel Eells about 1670. It was sold, in 1754, by his grandson, Nathaniel Eells to Captain Stephen Stowe.
Samuel Eells came to Milford with his bride in 1668. In Milford he was town cleark and on commitee to revise town records. Custom master for New Haven COunty and deputy to General Court Assembly for 12 sessions.
After his wife's death, he moved to Hingham, Mass. Upon his death, the Wharf Lane property was inherited by his son, Col. Samuel Eells.
Settled at Hingham, of which he was representative in 1705.
Purchased nine acres of land, meadow and orchard in Hingham in 1705.
He was an infant when he returned to England with his father in 1641.
Just when he returned to America is unknown, however he was married there in
1763. He was a weaver in Milford in 1670.
According to his will, he was a shopkeeper when he died.
Samuel: Genealogical and Family History of the State of Connecticut, Vol. I-IV
The Eells-Stow House is believed to be the oldest house in Milford, CT and takes part of its name from the Eells family, who arrived in Milford in the later 17th century from the Boston area. It was built by Samuel Eells about 1670. It was sold, in 1754, by his grandson, Nathaniel Eells to Captain Stephen Stowe.
Samuel Eells came to Milford with his bride in 1668. In Milford he was town cleark and on commitee to revise town records. Custom master for New Haven COunty and deputy to General Court Assembly for 12 sessions.
After his wife's death, he moved to Hingham, Mass. Upon his death, the Wharf Lane property was inherited by his son, Col. Samuel Eells.
Settled at Hingham, of which he was representative in 1705.
Purchased nine acres of land, meadow and orchard in Hingham in 1705.
He was an infant when he returned to England with his father in 1641.
Just when he returned to America is unknown, however he was married there in
1763. He was a weaver in Milford in 1670.
According to his will, he was a shopkeeper when he died.
He was an infant when his father returned to England , where Samuel is said to have remained until about twenty-one years of age. He settled at Milford, Connecticut , and in 1677 was on a committee to transcribe the old records there. He held many offices, was a juror often before 1671 . He was appointed to collect the customs at Milford on wines and liquors, June 10, 1668 , and was continued in office until after 1681 . In May, 1681 , he was appointed by the town on a committee to obtain from the Indians a deed of the lands purchased by the inhabitants at various dates, and in 1685 was one of the town's representatives on a committee to establish the line between Milford and Derby . In 1681 he was appointed clerk of the county court for one term
in Nans fathers will he mentioned a infirmity in Nans sight.
Last change (on this page): 15 OCT 2018