Bargy Family - Ourfolk
Marie Bargy (Thistlethwaite) D: 1937
Marie died on 1937 and was buried in Frankfort, New York .
She was the daughter of Charles L Bargy (B: 1853) and Mary Yale (Bargy) (B: 1855).
Marie was married to William James Thistlethwaite .
William was born on 29 DEC 1875 and died on 14 JUN 1968 (age: 92) in Old Forge, New York .
He was the son of James A Thistlethwaite (1844 - 1923) and Johanna "Anna" Sullivan (Thistlethwaite) (B: 1844).
View Family Chart
- - -
Parents | Grand Parents | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
⌈ Charles L Bargy (B: 1853) | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Marie Bargy (Thistlethwaite) | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
⌊ Mary Yale (Bargy) (B: 1855) | |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||



Name | Age | Relationship | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
James A Thistlewaite: | 61 | Head | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Anna Thistlewaite: | 57 | Wife | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
William J Thistlewaite: | 29 | Son | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
After attending Utica Business College in the 1890s, he worked for William Seward Webb who built the Herkimer to Malone Railroad and owned thousands of acres of the region's land. William read law in the offices of Franklin W. Cristman and with Cristman purchased extensive acrage. In 1903, he acquired 15000 acres from Dr. Webb, established the Adirondack Development Corporation and later arranged the tranfer of the unsold land of the Old Forge Improvement Company to his company. He served several terms in the General Assembly and established the Riverview Cemetery where the first burial occurred in 1921.
Until breaking his hip in 1965, William could be found early and late, improving the cemetery grounds.
'Since his earliest association with Dr. Webb in the 1890s, William carried on the program of improvements which included Little Moose projects, Gray Park, Joy Tract and several tracts in the the village.'
Last change (on this page): 30 DEC 2022